Extenda Retail is working with cutting edge technology in a rapidly evolving environment to deliver the next generation of cloud retail products.
The Product Marketing Specialist will be an integral part of the Product Strategy & Product Marketing team working with sales, marketing, product management, product development and other customer facing teams. This role is essential for Extenda Retail to scale and to grow according to our ambitious strategy.
As a Product Marketing Specialist, you will plan and execute activities that promote Extenda Retail products to drive revenue growth, including developing competitive strategies to gain more market share.
You will work with research, analysts etc. to obtain vital market intel in order to sharpen our message. This means that you are up to date on the latest technologies, trends and what the market is looking for and with your texts, insight and product-blogs you will demonstrate those trends. As a great storyteller and avid writer, you’ll develop narratives that resonate with our audiences; and you’ll take a lead on product naming, positioning, and messaging.
A key part of the role is to manage our product releases/launches, working as part of a cross-functional team to develop the required messaging, content, and enablement. You will establish consistency and rigour in go-to-market planning to ensure that every new product we introduce is well understood by the world, and its business impact is thereby maximized. In order to succeed with this, you will work with product teams to formulate and communicate the company's product strategy and roadmap.
You will be key in forming and refining our value proposition, teaching our commercial teams about the value and uniqueness of our products – and most importantly – how they can successfully sell them by creating the content assets and materials they need.
Who are you?
- You have a strong background in product marketing / content creation.
- You have that unique mix of being a strategic thinker, you are creative, and yet you are structured.
- You have a broad experience from retail, either from working with retail software or working in retail from the business side.
- You love to write and you love to understand what customers want and translate product techno-speak into a customer-friendly language.
- You love to coach and help other subject matter experts (e.g. Product Managers) to become better at communicating and writing - to grow the community of thought leaders in the company,.
- You get stuff done! As shown by working as a Product Marketer, or similar, in high performing teams in the past.
- You have a creative eye with exceptional detail on look and feel that not only words convey, but also imagery and graphics. You have a love for creating Powerpoint or other types of presentation slides.
Your competencies and skills
- Deep experience with product marketing; 3+ years as a product marketer.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A.) required, MSC/MBA a plus, relevant fields of study include Marketing, Business, Computer Science and/or equivalent experience
- Firm understanding of SaaS business, preferably working with enterprise products
- Experience from supply chain/retail either from the technology side or the business side.
- Project management skills, highly structured and a quick thinker to move swiftly from one task to the next without losing sight of time management.
- Proven track record of an ability to collaborate across multiple teams.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent English writer with experience writing website conversion copy as well as various other marketing collateral.
The ideal candidate is based in or around any of the following cities: Stockholm, Oslo, Gothenburg, Tønsberg.