By joining Extenda Retail you become part of a market leading company on a journey to build a world class team. We are a value-based company with customers all over Europe. Team spirit and partnership where everyone's contribution counts, sets the foundation of a great culture. Joining Extenda Retail gives you the opportunity not only to develop yourself professionally with our team of retail experts but also to shape something great together when innovating the market.
Extenda Retail is perfectly positioned to aggressively go after new business on a global scale. We are driven by our mission to simplify shopping and we are committed to making sure our existing and future clients thrive in the highly competitive and rapidly changing retail industry.
Our solutions include prescription management and dispensing, Retail ERP, POS and In-store solutions and online prescription sales. As we are moving towards microservices and cloud architecture you will make a day-to-day development of tasks in complex applications and help us reduce time to market in parallel with stepwise transitioning the existing product suite from on-prem to cloud.
If you want to be part of the exciting future that lies before us, then we would love for you to join us!
In the role as Solution Architect you will work in close collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders to translate requirements into architectural design that constitutes the blueprint for the solution. As a large part of the role focuses on the continuous work to evolve the client’s retail solution you will be working closely with the development team of Architects and Product Owners on the client side. And together with your Team Members and Proxy Product Owner you’ll deliver the next generation of retail pharma solutions.
You will promote the use of standard products and analyze the client’s retail processes and information flows where you consider the customer position while implementing solutions based on best practices. Your task is to document, anchor and safeguard the customer solution with regards to functionality, usability, structure and support the business processes in the solution.
Your mission is to continuously evolve the customer's retail solution and document the proposed solution to a high standard using best practices and promote the use of standard products. To succeed you will design end to end processes and architecture based on process requirements, application and system landscape. Part of your mission is to drive excellence in the solution and communicate technical vision by building close, collaborative relationships internally as well as externally.
Responsibilities of the role
- Analysis of client’s Retail processes, information flows, functional and technical requirements and documenting the proposed solution to a high standard using best practices and promoting use of standard products.
- Design end to end processes and architecture based on process requirements, application and system landscape and advice regarding the best practice regarding solutions based on the different Extenda Retail products
- Analyze and define requirements for customer-specific development needs or integration requirements. Structure and define functional requirements in written form as well as models
- Implementation of business processes including customizing and custom development
- Review of business processes and corresponding mapping into IT architecture
- Ensure that product solutions adhere to the market changes and advice on future roadmap.
- Ensure that the agreed strategies are followed & implemented, i.e., Integration, Security, Development & Test strategies
- Responsible for the overall customer solution architecture
- Responsible for ensuring that the organization's professional needs are covered through functional descriptions
- Lead and educate solutions/development teams on requirements
- Coach development teams in best practices, CI/CD pipelines and architecture
- Ensure that codebase is compliant with existing and new requirements through code review processes
- Lead and implement new optimized best practices in development, design and documentation
- Documenting, following best practice of the solutions the team develops:
- Information flow
- Non-functional/Quality requirements
- Technical requirements
- Guide and support the customer team in architectural question
We think you are
A self-motivated solutions architect with a great understanding of the retail business. We think that you are a skilled communicator who can tailor the message depending on the audience. You also have leadership skills with the ability to coach and mentor senior engineers in functional excellence and solution design.
In the role as solutions architect you will work in close collaboration of both internal and external stakeholders whereas your ability to build trust is paramount to your success. You will also need a curious mindset that never stops learning and actively keeps up to date with market trends and changes. With your expertise in engineering you provide guidance to the wider business on technology with the aim to meet commercial requirements.
Skills and requirements
- Higher level of education within Engineering and/or IT
- Knowledge and experience in software development
- Agile Development Methodologies
- Understanding of modern architectural design principles and patterns including cloud technologies such as kubernetes
- Retail knowledge and/or interest
- Pharma knowledge and/or interest
- Business Acumen
Technical skill set
- CI/CD Methodologies
- Relational databases, preferably PostgreSQL