As Software Architect you will ensure that the architecture is maintainable and supports the product strategy now and in the future. The role is based within Product Development where you will be responsible for the architecture of cloud services. You will mainly focus on some of our self-service products like Self Checkout, Store Assistant or Mobile POS.
Your mission is to lead the team with the aim of producing market disruptive products with easily maintainable architecture that supports agile development practices. Since we own our products through the whole lifecycle you will also be the evangelist for technology advancements where you support the team in making sure to build a performant and operationally stable product that is easily integrated with our portfolio. As we are on a journey to disrupt the retail landscape we look for a Software Architect who can help us improve as a team and push the pace of change.
- Contribute to our team’s improvement by honest feedback and leading through example
- Guide team members and work cross functionally to ensure that product and services within the domain is compatible with other related products
- Ensure that the product has relevant and accessible technical documentation
- Function as technology leader and guide team through technology shifts and transformations
- Ensuring that structure and design of the software products follows overall architectural and technical structure for Extenda Retail’s product suite, now and for future road map
- Make sure that architecture is easy maintainable and supports agile development practices
- Ensuring that the software fulfills the technical requirements for the products in order to scale and perform stable
We think you are...
A solution oriented person with passion for technology who understands the value of investing in others rather than doing everything yourself. You also have a proactive attitude that will bring a significant value to the organization by understanding what future challenges our architecture needs to solve. As you will bridge between teams within the organization it is important that you have the ability to communicate and engage around technology and engineering best practices. We also think that you are a natural leader with an analytical mindset who can use data to evaluate and decide on design options and technology choices
Skills and requirements
- Academic degree in relevant field
- 2+ years as a developer or architect in a retail product or saas company
- 7+ years of sw development experience
- Experience with Scrum or other agile methodologies
- Cloud platforms (plus if Google cloud platform)
The position will be based in our head office in Solna, Stockholm.
Working at Extenda Retail
We are a growing business with a celebrated Employer Brand that recently got awarded as “The Breakthrough Company of the Year” by Universum and we are on a journey to further expand and become the leading champion of retail technology in Europe.
Extenda Retail is a leading software provider to global retailers. We help major retail chains with their digital business transformation by delivering innovative solutions and services that enable our clients to lead the retail technology revolution. We have an extensive client base across the Nordics and throughout Europe with our solutions being used in over 35 countries.
We offer you a workplace with a young and social work environment where you get exciting and professional challenges and work with colleagues with high competencies. You will get the opportunity to work with a Scandinavian based company that operates as market leaders with aggressive plans of market disruptive ambitions as we go after new business on a global scale. We work in cross functional teams where we are united by our mission of simplifying shopping and driving innovation to the retail market.