Extenda Retail is a leading software provider to global retailers. We lead major retail chains through their digital business transformation by delivering innovative solutions and services that are empowering the retail technology revolution. We have an extensive customer base across the Nordics and throughout Europe with our solutions deployed in over 35 countries.
Extenda Retail is well positioned to win new business on a global scale. We are driven by our mission to simplify shopping and our commitment to ensuring that current and future customers thrive in the highly competitive and rapidly changing retail industry.
We are looking for a UX designer to help us ensure that the user experience of Extenda Retail’s software is positive and consistent. When building software it is essential that we have a good understanding of the people we are building for. Knowing the problems the user is trying to overcome, and how our software can solve their problems is essential. Further, knowing how to make that software intuitive to the user is an important aspect to increase user satisfaction, drive uptake and reduce support calls.
Your mission in the role as UX Designer is to be our eyes and ears out to the users, performing research with our clients and potential clients to understand the problem areas that our Product Strategy & Marketing division have identified for analysis. The UX designer is a key part of the product strategy team that takes in the user research and collaborates in a design process that will lead to developed solutions.
- You will mock up designs, from low to high fidelity
- You will coach developers in the UX vision and usage of the company design system
- You will help maintain a strong feedback loop to the user to ensure the end product stays true to the need, and is always improving.
- As part of our UX team you will create and maintain the company design system, Synergy, ensuring it has a professional consistent style and contains all of the elements needed by the development team to rapidly realize our software product UX vision.
- You will develop the company’s UX design guidelines, ways of working, principles and patterns.
- You will ensure that the user experience of Extenda Retail software is always a positive and consistent one.
- You will lead user research with the triad team, ensuring that we receive excellent findings and bring those into the creation process.
We think you are
A skilled communicator with the ability to tailor your message based on the audience. You also have an analytical approach to problem solving as you read between the lines of what the client wants and translate it to what they truly need.
A major part of this role includes collaboration, both internally as well as externally, and we therefore see that you have experience of working cross functionally as you share ideas and collaborate with different teams to produce the best solution. Together with the internal resources, from production to delivery, you strive to ensure customer satisfaction. Part of the role is also strategic whereas you will need the ability to understand what components build value for the end user experience.
Skills and experience
- Bachelors in User Experience, Product Design, Interaction Design, Informatics or similar
- Knowledge of UX processes and ways of working
- UX research general
- Experience with design systems
- Familiarity with tools such as Adobe XD, Figma, Sketch etc.
- Strong communication in English
Nice to have
- UX within Retail
- Strong communication in Norwegian
- Strong communication in Swedish